Prefill on thank you page only works on refresh

Crystal_Pacheco
Level 4

Prefill on thank you page only works on refresh

Hi there,

I've been using Sanford's prefill script which is very powerful and works great. The only issue is Marketo isn't fast enough to capture the form values on the follow up page after successful form submit. I always have to refresh the page in order to see the prefill form values or {{lead.tokens}} populate correctly. It's bad user experience to have to refresh the page or see empty values like Welcome _____ not you?  
Is there a way we could check whether or not the form field values are coerced on the thank you page before completing page load for the thank you page? I'm not sure what to do or what approach to use.

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Prefill on thank you page only works on refresh

Two options:

1) Retry the DTP if a matching email address isn't immediately found. Recheck every 250ms for up to 6 times, for example (= 1.5s) before giving up.

2) Forward the form values to the follow-up page (in the URL).

Crystal_Pacheco
Level 4

Thanks for your response. The retry is the solution I was hoping for as I believe it would be the most beneficial in the long run.

1 ) You would do the "retry" on the confirmation page, where you "receive" the dtp? 
How would you do it so its not visible to the user?
Fill out form - - - - Check if lead info is present by Retry - - - Confirmation page with proper information displayed = success! Can you help me with this piece as it requires changing the dtp code?

SanfordWhiteman

Fill out form - - - - Check if lead info is present by Retry - - - Confirmation page with proper information displayed = success! Can you help me with this piece as it requires changing the dtp code?

It's just reloading the pre-fill page in the background (not the whole page) so nothing is visible.  Ask Justin N. about it. 🙂

BlaneMM
Level 2

I am having a similar situation.  Thanks for the DTP script @SanfordWhiteman !

In my scenario, I am using the form on the first page of an experience.  They get some gated content, and then move to a follow-up page with the same ProgPro form.  I am having 2 undesired behaviors.

1. I need to refresh the page to see the pre-fill values.  I will try to find the details on how to reload the pre-fill in the background.
  2. Some of my previous values are dropdown <select> values and they do not pre-fill with the selected value.  (ProgPro does recognize that there is a value,  and proceeds to display the next set of fields, but I don't want to make the user re-pick dropdown.)  Suggestions?
SanfordWhiteman

1. Some of my previous values are dropdown <select> values and they do not pre-fill with the selected value.  (ProgPro does recognize that there is a value,  and proceeds to display the next set of fields, but I don't want to make the user re-pick dropdown.) 

Can you show the page that has the DTP stuff on it and the form? No reason for the Pre-Fill to not apply to the Select.

BlaneMM
Level 2

Sent in private message.  THanks!