Re: Preference Center Selections Not Showing Up

Trinity_Levens3
Level 3

Preference Center Selections Not Showing Up

Hi,    Anyone have any ideas about this issue? 

Our subscription preference center which BTW, is getting a proper over-haul soon, is displaying strange behavior in that when a visitor makes a selection, (the preferences are checkboxes on the form), and then comes back to the page later, the selections (checkmark in the checkbox) has disappeared.   Yet the database has the correctly recorded answer.  Most if not all these database fields on the form are String, and the value writes "yes" and I can see in my own lead record "yes" to a few reports yet when I come back to the page all the selections are cleared.  This is happening to most everyone at CME, customers, and across different browsers. 

Our browser DNT settings are not enbabled, we do have enabled "support" for Munckin DNT.   Now, I know our network has some of the most rigorous security standards, but this issue just started happening a few weeks ago.     I have a week and a half old support ticket open with Marketo...would like to get this fixed asap.  Help is greatly appreciated!

CME Group Subscription Center

Cheers!

Trinity

7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hey Trinity,

I cannot seem to see the checkboxes you are referring to in the link provided... am i missing something? And can you clarify the name of the field in question and the field type in Marketo?

Sincerely,

Keith Nyberg

Trinity_Levens3
Level 3

Hi Keith Nyberg,   If you were to subscribe to a few reports, a checkmark appears in the reports you subscribed to.  If you were to later come back to the page those reports would still have the checkmark next to those you subscribed to, this has been the case for the sub center.   However, as of a few weeks ago, people are subscribing to reports and coming back to the sign-on page to see the checkmark is now gone from all reports subscribed to.  For example, I recently subscribed to German Reports, I checked the box and hit Submit.  I go through the workflows of our sub center, receive a few emails confirming and I can see the German reports field is marked correct for my lead record.  However, when I return to the same page, my German Report selection no longer has the checkmark inside the box.  That is the problem.  And this is happening to everyone who returns to the page after signing back in.  I'm even cookied in and should see my preferences checked, but the checkboxes next to the reports I've chosen are blank.    Field types on the sub form on this page are mostly string and a couple boolean.  Hope this helps!! 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Are you positive that PreFill has been enabled for these boolean fields in Form Editor?

Trinity_Levens3
Level 3

Sanford Whiteman​  Yes indeed all fields have PreFill -Enabled on this form.   Any ideas on this Sandy?  Support only came back with DNT settings and to the best of my knowledge nothing is astray with browser settings, and it's occurring on all browsers, we've checked.   Gerard Donnelly

Trinity_Levens3
Level 3

Sanford Whiteman​  nevermind!  i guess my counterpart was asked to turn off pre-fill on landing pages in Admin. This is a teachable moment right here.  

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Sanford Whiteman​,

The Pre Fill was turned off at a global level in the admin area.  Because its a financial institution they have to minimise the risk of data being exposed.  Especially when people are sharing and forwarding emails between different clients. We will have to go and turn this off on an individual level now.

Thanks for looking into this.

Gerard

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yep, makes sense w/the symptoms I observed!

DNT was a bizarre suggestion, disproven easily by the fact the {{lead.Email Address}} token worked (thus Munchkin association worked).