SOLVED

Pre population of company names in forms.

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre population of company names in forms.

Dear all,

We had a customer query why he could see company names when he started to type his company name in one of our forms.  As he typed he saw a list of companies starting with the letters he'd typed.

The customer thought that this was a list of our customers and thought that this may be a data breach of some kind.  Could someone explain how it is possible to see these company names.  I know that we have DemandBase installed which may be the course, but understanding and having confirmation that these are not breaches in privacy (as the list of companies is public information), nor are they a  data leak from our database of customers.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kind Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Pre population of company names in forms.

Hi John,

This is a typical feature from Demandbase - Marketo integration. My understanding is that the list of companies comes from Demandbase database, not from your Marketo database.

Dan Stevens​ has done an extensive evaluation of Demandbase and might be able to answer this question with more details.

-Greg

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Pre population of company names in forms.

Hi John,

This is a typical feature from Demandbase - Marketo integration. My understanding is that the list of companies comes from Demandbase database, not from your Marketo database.

Dan Stevens​ has done an extensive evaluation of Demandbase and might be able to answer this question with more details.

-Greg