Pre-population of Fields

Karen_Black
Level 5

Pre-population of Fields

Are there constraints that pre-population does not work when forms are used in external sites with embed code? Thanks for any help you can provide! 
Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Pre-population of Fields

There is that constraint -- but there are options.

One is to use a server-side API call to prepop the data.

Another is a special trick I am literally working on as we speak and will publsh in a couple of days (doesn't require API).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford -- would love to hear how you go around this that I can share with our web and operations team!

SanfordWhiteman

I'll work up a demo and let you know.

Chick_Webb
Level 1

Please do.  We're very interested in this, as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would love to hear about other possible solutions too. Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman

Hi,

I'm actually presenting this at the NY MUG in August.  I probably won't publish anything before then but you can look for the meeting notes/video.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever present this? Did you publish it?

SanfordWhiteman

I did -- see NYC MUG 2015-08 v2​ -- but I have an even more streamlined approach that I've been using since then.  I fully intend to blog about it over at http://blog.teknkl.com but alas, so much to do...

Shashank_Sharma
Level 2

We created guided landing pages in Marketo and put them in an iFrame on our external website. It didn't impacted the look and feel and we're able to leverage all the Forms 2.0 functionalities. Here's an article about implementing Marketo forms on the websites: Revenue Pulse | Marketo Consulting – Implementing Marketo Forms On Your Website – What’s Best For Yo...

Thanks,

Shashank Sharma