Re: Pre-populated form not showing fields 'only visible' on original completion

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-populated form not showing fields 'only visible' on original completion

This is a tough one to explain but I shall  try my best.

I have created a Marketo form that has a dropdown list for location. On selecting 'United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland' from this location dropdown, this triggers a 'Post Code' text box field to become visible.

On first completion of this form, everything works as it should.

On returning to the form, it pre-populates with the location selction but fails to show the Post Code field.

I have the same problem on two forms and the second one has three field additional fields which become visible on selecting a specific option from a dropdown list. None of these additional fields are visible on returning to the form.

Can someone offer a Marketo-based solution or if not, possibly explain how to get around this from a front-end point of view to force these 'only visible on selction' fields to be visible on subsequent form fills.

Many thanks

Tim Wilson
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Tim,

It looks like you have progressive profiling enabled on this form: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LHAFCA4
Ashleigh_Davis
Level 3

A few thoughts:

1) Clear your cache and cookies, and start all over to see if the problem persists.

2) If it does persist, this could be a bug and you may need to contact support.

3) In the meantime, it seem like there is an issue with the form and the user's cookies. Since the field is being autopopulated, the selection isn't recognizing the dependency field. Try removing the pre-populate/progressive profile option on that individual parent field (I'm blanking on if this is whole form specific, or field specific), and see if when you go back to the form it works. Again, probably not ideal to not let this field pre-populate, but this could be an interim solution while you have support look at the issue.

Hoping someone else has a better solution! 🙂

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The dependency is triggered when there is an active change in the first field, which is not occurring in the subsequent view of the page.

Unless the page is breaking, there's no reason to redisplay the Post Code, is there?

You could try to add a script that forces it to display if filled in. I don't think this is necessarily due to Progressive, but it could be if you are using Progressive with this field.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies everyone. There is no progressive profiling on the forms just dependencies.
Ashleigh_Davis
Level 3

Hey Tim - try disabling the form pre-fill option on that specific field. See if it works after that point. If you don't mind that field not prefilling based on cookies, that may be the way to force the drop-downs upon return.

0EM50000000SQd6.jpg