SOLVED

Pre-Fill Visible Field in Form Based On URL Parameter

Go to solution
Steve_Schimmel
Level 3

Pre-Fill Visible Field in Form Based On URL Parameter

Hello,

I am wondering if it's possible to pre-fill a visible form field (such as product of interest) in a Marketo form. For instance, if someone on our website clicks the "Contact Us" button from a specific product page, I want the "Product of Interest" field to be populated with the referring URL. However, I'd like the form filler to be able to see the selection, and have the option to edit their selection if they wish.

I know how to do this with an invisible field, but haven't figured out if/how it's possible for a visible field.

Is this possible without custom JS?

Thanks!

Steve

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Pre-Fill Visible Field in Form Based On URL Parameter

No, it's only possible using JS, which is already written here: https://codepen.io/figureone/pen/5bf736062cdf6b4fa20487235abfe88a

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman

@Steve_Schimmel please return to the thread and mark my answer as correct, thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

No, it's only possible using JS, which is already written here: https://codepen.io/figureone/pen/5bf736062cdf6b4fa20487235abfe88a

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@SanfordWhiteman, I really want to know how you keep all your codepen files so organized that you could pull that out so quickly. I bet you make librarians jealous!

SanfordWhiteman

Well, there aren't that many of them. 🙂

SanfordWhiteman

@Steve_Schimmel please return to the thread and mark my answer as correct, thanks.