SOLVED

Possible to upload .zip for email templates?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible to upload .zip for email templates?

Is it possible to upload a pre-packaged .zip file with my HTML and Images for the Email properly linked?

All I can find at the moment is to upload the html manually, then upload the images manually, then go image by image in the html and properly "src" them. 

Please provide some insight!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Re: Possible to upload .zip for email templates?

Hi Ben,

Unfortunately, there's no pre-packaged way to upload both your email template and images at the same time, but there are a few things that can make the work a little less painful: if you already have your HTML completed (including marking up the mktEditable divs you'll want for the email), you can drop it in the template in one go. Additionally, even though Marketo itself shows your images and files in folders, it always uses the same path regardless of foldering. (!?) As such, you can swap out your source paths with a mass search/replace in a text editor and then upload all the assets you would have put in the ZIP at once in Design Studio.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hi Ben,

Unfortunately, there's no pre-packaged way to upload both your email template and images at the same time, but there are a few things that can make the work a little less painful: if you already have your HTML completed (including marking up the mktEditable divs you'll want for the email), you can drop it in the template in one go. Additionally, even though Marketo itself shows your images and files in folders, it always uses the same path regardless of foldering. (!?) As such, you can swap out your source paths with a mass search/replace in a text editor and then upload all the assets you would have put in the ZIP at once in Design Studio.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Courney,

Thank you for your answer.  I would like to mention that the images retaining the same path regardless of folder is extremely helpful to know.

Eoin_Lyons1
Level 2

Hey Courtney, 

This is really useful, thank you. 

I have a question about one part of your answer:

As such, you can swap out your source paths with a mass search/replace in a text editor and then upload all the assets

My question is, how do I know what url to put as the src url for the images and CSS files if they haven't been uploaded yet?

Courtney Grimes

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you upload a test file, your files will all be under the same path (that's what Courtney is saying, the public pathname is always the same even though folders can be created in the UI).

If you assume you will not have naming collisions with existng Marketo files, and your filenames are already web-safe, then your filenames will be the same after uploading. Just prepend the static hostname + pathname.

Eoin_Lyons1
Level 2

Awesome, thank you Sanford!