Possible to export a folder of emails?

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Possible to export a folder of emails?

Hi Guys,

I have a folder with a few thousand emails in it. They are regulatory emails and need to be stored separately outside of Marketo.  Is there a way to batch download all of the emails within a particular folder or a way to automate or speed up the process of downloading the html of each one manually?

Thanks,

Gerard

5 REPLIES 5
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Re: Possible to export a folder of emails?

Bumping this up again. Does anyone know if the BULK API export would achieve this?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Bulk, no. Asset API, yes.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Sanford Whiteman,

Thanks for the reply. I looked over the documentation.  Forgive me if I'm stupid but I can only see a way to get this on an individual email by email level using the Get Full Email Content controller and specifying an email ID. Is that correct? Do you know if you can specify a folder rather than an individual id? I'm guessing not.

Thanks,

Gerard

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You'd have to iterate over the emails in a folder -- which in turn means paging over the emails.json response to assemble the initial list -- but a few thousand calls here is probably not your biggest worry.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Thanks, we are hitting the boundaries of my technical API knowledge with creating something to iterate over the folder. Plus, I have not even begun to tackle the issue of saving all the 'content' results as html files so that they can view them.  I think a screen cast video showing how to download the html in Marketo and a pat on the back to the intern in that department is the route I will take