Re: Possible to dynamically change phone number on landing page?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible to dynamically change phone number on landing page?

I'm trying to think of an easy way to change the phone number on our landing pages depending on the user's region. Not sure if that would be javascript or somehow utilizing tokens - I know we can segment based on region and then change the number dynamically but I was hoping a solution could be something that works with anonymous leads as well. 
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
John_Wallace
Level 4

There is a HTML5 geolocation api but I think the rules indicate that the user must agree to be geolocated.  So not sure if there is a dependable way of gathering their location information
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried creating a segmenation based off the inferred locations? (Inferred City, Inferred State Region, Inferred Postal Code...)
They are populated for alot of anonymous leads too and there is a whole bunch of them to select from. And then set your 800 number as default for those few anonymous leads that don't have it populated yet.

I have the best luck with inferred State and Country.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd use a Segmentation & Dynamic Content/Dynamic Snippet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you passed the user's location as a parameter in the landing page URL (landingpage.com/?location=california), then you can set up custom JavaScript to change the phone number. This StackOverflow post describes how to get value of a query parameter.

I think this is a good topic for the Marketo Developer Blog. I'll work on creating an example. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion. I had not thought that this would work with anonymous leads. It seems a bit temperamental? See my unsubscribe confirmation page here (http://pages.crfhealth.com/Unsubscribe---Confirmation.html) - there should be a tele number to the left of the email address in the footer. For me, an anonymous lead, it works on certain pages and not others. Any ideas here why it isn't defaulting properly? I've checked the preview and it works well when using the previewer. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Works in IE but not Chrome. Very weird. Could be privacy settings or something? I'd imagine the DEFAULT snippet would show up regardless.