Re: Possible to change the <head> of an email after dynamic content has been defined?

Ian_Shaw
Level 2

Possible to change the <head> of an email after dynamic content has been defined?

I need to update some meta information in an email (not attached to a marketo template, just an email asset), but the head isn't an editable area and dynamic content prevents me from viewing the code via 'Replace HTML' (error: Code editing is not available for emails with dynamic content). Is there another way I can access the email head to update the information, or do I have to remove the dynamic content, then re-add it? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Julz_James
Level 10

Re: Possible to change the <head> of an email after dynamic content has been defined?

I believe you have to remove the dynamic content and then edit the code, unless you have a html module that you can add the code into?

Hobie_Thompson1
Level 4

Ian Shaw​ - Juli is right here.  For a short term fix, you'll have to remove the dynamic content, then re-add it. For longer term, you could use a modular template or, for a perhaps even easier solution, use tokens.

raiashutosh
Level 2

Hi @Julz_James 

I am using the litmus tracking code in our email for further analysis. I am facing the same issue while adding the litmus code in the emails.
The code has to be added in the <body> tag of the email, however, if I add the email script token in one of the modules of my email template the Marketo editor strips of all the <style> tag and the code doesn't work. The code works only if I add the code just above the </body> tag using the edit code option but it is possible only when there is no dynamic content in the email.

Is there any way where I can use the dynamic content and also use the email script token?