SOLVED

Possible to CC email constraint field on SFDC object?

Go to solution
Kim_Koserski1
Level 2

Possible to CC email constraint field on SFDC object?

Hello! I'm trying to set up a new email CC field based off an email field on a Salesforce object (Has Case). I know it's not possible by default, but was trying to think of a creative way to accomplish this and am coming up blank. If it's not possible then I can always set up an alert instead, but wanted to check with the community first in case there is a solution I'm not thinking of?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Possible to CC email constraint field on SFDC object?

Sorry, it's not possible to mark fields on Custom Objects as eligible CC: fields.

The only workaround would be — mentioning this crazy method because I had to do this once! — Send Alert to an SMTP server you control (say rewriter@example.com), using Velocity to output the CO field in the body or Subject: line in an easily findable format, then clip out the field and reroute the email at the SMTP level so it sends to the CO field.

Desperate times, etc.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Sorry, it's not possible to mark fields on Custom Objects as eligible CC: fields.

The only workaround would be — mentioning this crazy method because I had to do this once! — Send Alert to an SMTP server you control (say rewriter@example.com), using Velocity to output the CO field in the body or Subject: line in an easily findable format, then clip out the field and reroute the email at the SMTP level so it sends to the CO field.

Desperate times, etc.

Kim_Koserski1
Level 2

Oof! Thank you Sandy. I think we will go with an alert instead then.