SOLVED

Re: Populating Lead Info from Lead ID

Go to solution
Ciaron_DHL1
Level 1

Populating Lead Info from Lead ID

Hey,

We're building a referral campaign, where a link can be shared from an email with the referral ID, being the Marketo ID. I have the referrer ID ({{lead.id}} from the url) pulling into one field, which is great, but I am having an issue with creating a report to show the referrer leads details off their Marketo ID. I'm not entirely sure if it would be possible to populate the referrers details once the Link ID has been pulled into the system, to then auto populate the details in three other fields (First Name, Last Name, Email).?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can't relate leads in this way.

If a field on lead A is set to a numeric String, and that String happens to match the ID of lead B, that doesn't give the 2 leads any relationship. The field is just any old field, it's not a link field (no such thing with lead fields).

Even a more precise referral program setup, where lead A is linked to a Referral object — a custom object — and lead B is linked to the same Referral object, still can't be reported on via the UI, since reports can't include CO data.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can't relate leads in this way.

If a field on lead A is set to a numeric String, and that String happens to match the ID of lead B, that doesn't give the 2 leads any relationship. The field is just any old field, it's not a link field (no such thing with lead fields).

Even a more precise referral program setup, where lead A is linked to a Referral object — a custom object — and lead B is linked to the same Referral object, still can't be reported on via the UI, since reports can't include CO data.

Ciaron_DHL1
Level 1

Ok cool, thanks for that Sanford. Will look at some other ideas for it.