SOLVED

Re: Populate Lead Field with Custom Object Value

Go to solution
Carrie_Lawson
Level 4

Populate Lead Field with Custom Object Value

I created a custom object in Marketo to capture Software information from our CRM (Netsuite).  Unfortunately the custom object fields do not appear in a results page of a leads list if you wanted to view those values.  So, I am trying to populate one of those fields on the Lead record with the date that is in the Custom Object field. 

Is this possible somehow? i tried to figure out how to use a token to do so, but i cant locate if Custom Objects have token i can use or not.  Any answers, ideas, or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

Carrie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Carrie_Lawson
Level 4

i basically answered my own question in my response.  I wish there was a way to pull custom object data into a results column for viewing.  Thanks for your consideration and attention though.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Carrie,

No it's not. But this triggers a question : do you have a 1:N relationship between leads and the custom object ? The reason why I am asking is because :

• If yes, then which date do you want to post to the lead object ? The first one ? the last one ? It's not that simple.
  • If it's a 1:1 relationship, then you would have better created additional fields on the lead object than a custom object.

If your Netsuite interface can post custom objects in relations to a lead, it surely can also update a lead field.

-Greg

Carrie_Lawson
Level 4

Its a many to one relationship as they could have more than 1 software option and different dates as well per software option.  We needed the custom object to capture all the different software options they have.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Carrie,

So really, this something that should be handled by the netsuite connector

-Greg

Carrie_Lawson
Level 4

i basically answered my own question in my response.  I wish there was a way to pull custom object data into a results column for viewing.  Thanks for your consideration and attention though.