SOLVED

Re: Poll within email?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Poll within email?

Hi all, is there a way that I can integrate a poll / survey within an email?

This will be a 1/2 question(?) poll, so I don't think its necessary to create a landing page just for that.

Cheers!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes and no.

You can't embed text inputs or selects in an email, and you can't realistically expect people to click on more than one link to answer multiple questions.

But you can have a single yes/no question that takes people to a Thank You URL immediately, using the link click as your survey response.  You still need the TY URL because you are sending them a web link.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman

Yes and no.

You can't embed text inputs or selects in an email, and you can't realistically expect people to click on more than one link to answer multiple questions.

But you can have a single yes/no question that takes people to a Thank You URL immediately, using the link click as your survey response.  You still need the TY URL because you are sending them a web link.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, can you explain how to set up the single yes/no question in the body of an email?

SanfordWhiteman

Link to http://pages.example.com/single-question.html?BrownRiceOrPurple=Brown

Then use a Smart Campaign triggered on Visits Web Page and run a Change Data Value to update a corresponding field.

Or you could have the page automatically post a hidden form in the background.  This would eliminate the need for the Smart Campaign but might be overkill for your case.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford, thanks for the advice! Can you resend that link? It says webpage not found.

SanfordWhiteman

That was an example link.  The link would be to an LP I'm calling single-question.html that you'd build in Marketo.  This page would be your Thank You page, since by clicking on the link the lead would be registering their quick yes/no answer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant! Thank you, Sanford.