Re: Point Unsubscribe Link to New LP for Specific Template

Michael_Sogunro
Level 2

Point Unsubscribe Link to New LP for Specific Template

Hello. 

I've created a new email template with a unique footer design and would like the unsubscribe link in this template to point to a new landing page. The new landing page should only be access when this specfic email template is used. All our other templates will use the default footer and unsubscribe landing page. 

The unsubscribe link in the footer of the new template is (w/o spaces) https://page. domain .com/landing_page_name.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##

When I create an email using the template and then send myself a test, I still see the default footer with unsubscribe link in the footer. 

When I click "Edit Code" when on the email edit screen, "&" is inserted into the url. I know that is the HTML code for "&", so it may not matter. 

https://page. domain .com/landing_page_name.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##

I need help figuring out how to exclude the default footer from appearing when this new template is used. is the change in the URL (&) causing this not to work?

Thanks in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

What I usually do when both unsub pages are active is I include the {{system.unsubscribeLink}} token in a <div> and hide it with CSS (display:none).  Then build your custom footer into your email.  

Michael_Sogunro
Level 2

It's not preferable, but I was able to hide the tag using a comment tag. I don't know the implication, if any, of doing that, but it worked.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The ampersand most certainly is not the problem.

If you can't make this email operational (which I noticed you already made note of on another thread) consider making your main unsubscribe block use something program-specific. For example, set a {{my.token}} at the top level of Marketing Activities that's the default unsubscribepage.html and then override the token as needed.

Michael_Sogunro
Level 2

Thanks Sanford Whiteman‌. I'm going to test the solution I mentioned above, but if that doesn't work I will definitely try this. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's highly advised! (Yet strangely underused.)