Pipeline reporting - leads through closed deals in a single view

Scott_Kendrick
Level 2

Pipeline reporting - leads through closed deals in a single view

We've been struggling since our switch to Marketo to get some fundamental reporting and have recently upgraded to access RCA or RCE.  What I find odd is that in RCE you have to choose what you want to analyze and depending on whether you pick leads or opportunities or other, you get different dimensions and measures that you can analyze and you can't get all the dimensions and measures in a single pivot.  I thought perhaps creating a Revenue Cycle Model might help but not making any progress.  I want to create something fairly fundamental.  A report by quarter that shows

- Leads (total new names)
- MQL (leads meeting behavior and activity score thresholds)
- Opportunities 
- Opportunity valoue
- Won deals
- Won revenue

It's most important that I can break this down by 
- FT Lead source (program channel) and drill down to FT lead source detail (program)
- MT Lead source (program channel) and drill down to  MT lead source detail (program)

Ideally we could do this by names or companies as well. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Pipeline reporting - leads through closed deals in a single view

We've found ourselves in the same boat.  The need for multiple types of reports in RCE to get not only the lead lifecycle/pipeline reporting data, but also the specific data points that our teams need to see in the reports.  I, too, wish there was more flexibility/availability of the complete dimensions across all reports in RCE.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You may want to look at Tableaux or another reporting tool then.

The Model report will show you that funnel, but not the $ attached to it, so you'll have to do that separately. Same with FT/MT Program attribution. That's just how marketo is designed.

You can use the Company Model Analysis report as long as you checked off track by Account on your stages in RCM.
Scott_Kendrick
Level 2

I"m very familiar with Tableau but if I have to extract all the data out mannual and aggregate in a third party app - why did I just invest in RCE?  I was very clear with Marketo on what I was trying to achieve it seems like pretty fundamental marketing performance reporting.

Any tips on how to get the model report to work? For example - what measure to I use to get a simple count of "how many" per stage?.  Is it right that the analysis in the model is not retroactive?  We just created our model and it appears to only have data for Q2-2015
Scott_Kendrick
Level 2

So here's another approach - can I acheive this through multiple views/reports, then just aggregate in a dashboard?  Has anyone achieved this?

Problem I have right now is I'm getting different opportunity count numbers depending on whether I look at leads, opportunities or programs.  I have a ticket logged for this.

This is really fundamental pipeline analysis required to run a business.  It's shocking that a company with Marketo's reputation doesn't offer this.  I hope I'm wrong.