Pick list field

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pick list field

I want to create a pick list field in marketo to match up with the lead and contact fields in Salesforce.

Which one of the following do i use to creat a picklist field on marketo?:

0EM50000000RnVF.jpg

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pick list field

A picklist in Marketo is called a String.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Darren, I'm not sure if it's just our integration or all integrations, but we need to create our fields in SFDC in order for both SFDC and Marketo to use them. The values are then synced over from SFDC.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory - I do already have that field in Salesforce but just need to add in Marketo now.  Do I then need to do a field mapping?
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're trying to create a form, this will help you.
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LH9gCAG

Essentially, you just drag the field over to the form and then define the field value options. MKTO doesn't assume that you want to use all of the values from the picklist, but if you do, and it's a long list of values, e.g., industries, it's super easy to copy the "printable version" of the picklist into MKTO's form. click save and MKTO will automatically write the code for making the seen version match with the unseen version, as it were. 

Hope this helps!
Lynn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Darren,

If the field already exists in SFDC, they it should sync over to Marketo as long as you have given the Mkto User in SFDC visibility. When you do that, the picklist values typically come over with it. When did you create the field in SFDC?