Personalized newsletter by topics of interest / dynamic blocks

Lisa_de_Rooij
Level 1

Personalized newsletter by topics of interest / dynamic blocks

I'm looking for a way to personalize newsletters per topic of interest chosen by our customer.

For example, we have 4 standard topics that we want to discuss in a newsletter, therefore the foundation of the newsletter exists out of 4 blocks. However, there is a possibility that a customer is only interested in 2 topics out of 4, then we only want to show two blocks in the e-mail instead of 4 blocks.

Is there a way to generate a newsletter and only show the blocks with topics for which the customer is interested in? Does someone has a solution for this?

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Personalized newsletter by topics of interest / dynamic blocks

This is similar to many other questions so you should definitely search Community.

In  a nutshell, you have two ways to do this:

• Simple dynamic content, or what I call Dynamic Content™, using multiple Segmentations to maintain product interests
  • Advanced dynamic content using a Velocity script, which can switch content directly based on lead fields
Lisa_de_Rooij
Level 1

Re: Personalized newsletter by topics of interest / dynamic blocks

Thnx a lot for your answer. I'm familiair with the simple dynamic content of Marketo, but this will not comply with our needs.

I will definitely look at the advanced dynamic content by using a veloicity script, so thanks for that suggestion.