Re: Personalized Landing Pages by IP address

Kata_Gyorke-Sza
Level 2

Personalized Landing Pages by IP address

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if I can create different landing pages based on the visitors' IP address orgin. I would like to show the same content on the Landing Pages but in different languages based on the visitor's IP address origin (eg.in Spanish for all visitors who is from Spain, Latin America, etc, in German for everyone who is from Germany, Austria, and in English as a default). I assume I could manage it, if I have the given segment, but how I can define the segment? Is Marketo able to recognized the origin/language of the IP address? If yes, where can I set up in Marketo?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Kata

4 REPLIES 4
Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

Hi Kata Gyorke-Szasz​ - It would need mapping the location with the languages, but you can define a segment with the name "Language for country ABC" and use Inferred values which Marketo picks to define those segments. You would need to create a segment categorized by language/country.

Hope this helps!

Balkar

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Balkar, this won't work unless the session is already associated with a lead, and the lead already moved into the correct segment, before the page is requested. It won't work on the first pageview in new session, because the field will not be populated.

Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

Thanks for the alert, Sanford Whiteman​! Could we use a script like Maxmind and create different versions? Would love to hear more suggestions.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes, you could directly query Maxmind from the browser, then (this is the path I would follow) redirect the lead to ?lang-inferred=es, etc.

And make sure they have a prominently displayed dropdown to switch languages, since you can't trap someone in a language they don't actually read just because they're on vacation...