Re: Person needs to go through engagement stream multiple times

Cory_Gabor1
Level 4

Person needs to go through engagement stream multiple times

Good afternoon Marketo Members,

We have run into a unique situation recently. We are a mortgage company and run a post close campaign to all clients who close a loan with us. This is a 7-year, top-of-mind campaign.

Once someone comes back for a new loan, they are paused from the current engagement program as they go through the loan process.

Upon closing on their new loan, we want to run them through the same campaign again, starting at the top, but can't do this since a person can't receive the same email more than one time (on an engagement program).

What do you all recommend we do?

Ideas:

- Create a new engagement program with the same assets

- Is there a way to put them on the new engagement program instead of the original engagement program in the smart campaign? (If received X email in past or was a member of x nurture, add to x campaign)

Any ideas will be great!

Thanks,

Cory

10 REPLIES 10
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Cory,

True, if a person runs through the same stream they will not receive the content again. No need to use another entire engagement program for this, as you have a limit per instance. So what you can do is clone the stream and place the same content in it. Because it is not the "same stream" sending the same email asset, those people will receive the content in this new cloned stream.

You will just need to remember to change the cadence back to "Normal" before they are to receive content.

Cory_Gabor1
Level 4

Hi Devraj,

Thanks for the quick response! I was thinking the same thing, but want to try to use the same trigger smart campaign.

We use a data value changes of a specific field for all closed loans (ex. New value is Automated-Post Close).

What logic do you think I should use in the smart campaign to add them to the "newer" campaign?

Is there a specific choice or filter I should use to determine which engagement program/stream to add them to? I am thinking I need to add a choice "was delivered email" and list all emails from the original engagement. If true this would add them to the new campaign, if they haven't been delivered any, they would be added to the original campaign.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Devraj_Grewal

You mentioned that once they come back for a new loan they are paused from the engagement program but does the value of "Automated-Post Close" every change?

You can use the same smart campaign and have the flow be to add to the engagement program. In the Setup tab of the smart campaign, make sure people can run through the flow at least every time, depending on how often that value changes. In the smart campaign flow you can use a choice condition to determine which stream they should be added to.

Create a smart list ("Stream 1 Members") with the filter "Member of Engagement Program: Stream: Stream 1", basically all those people who are in Stream 1.

Step 1: Add to Engagement Program

Choice 1: If Member of Smart List: Stream 1

Add to Program Stream: Stream 2

Default: Add to Program Stream: Stream 1

Step 2: Change Engagement Program Cadence: Normal

Basically what this choice condition is doing is whenever the trigger change data value occurs, it will look to see if the person is already in Stream 1 (meaning they are receiving content or have already exhausted content in Stream 1) and will move those people to Stream 2. If they are not already in Stream 1, they will enter Stream 1.

Cory_Gabor1
Level 4

Hi Devraj,

Thanks a lot, Devraj. I think I have a good gameplan for this situation now and will set it up tomorrow!

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

It's not the "same stream", but if it's the same content, my understanding is that it won't be sent. It will be skipped.

You will need to clone the assets, which doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Cory_Gabor1
Level 4

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for responding!

So you're saying if the assets were sent in stream 1 then they won't be sent in stream 2?

I thought that's how it works based off of the Marketo docs and previous campaigns I set up.

Would you recommend cloning the engagement program and the assets?

Thanks,

Cory

Cory_Gabor1
Level 4

Hi Devraj,

Appreciate the help here. I don't believe they would receive the email again in stream 2 though if they received it in stream 1.

See thread here: Engagement program - same email in multiple streams

Dan_Stevens_

That’s correct - simply creating a new stream and using the same content (email) or smart campaign (child program) will not permit the person to receive the content again. You will need to duplicate your assets.

Devraj_Grewal

Interesting to know Dan, appreciate the clarification. I had assumed that a person could not receive the same content in a single stream but that if they were sent the same asset in another stream, they could be sent the same content again.