Re: Person is a member of smart campaign but is not being pushed into flow

Jeremy_Gendelma
Level 2

Person is a member of smart campaign but is not being pushed into flow

Hi all,

I setup a new smart campaign (only filters, no triggers) and attempted to test by adding a couple specific email address as one of the filters (#7). I see that a test email address IS being brought in as a "member" of the campaign ass it should, but it is not being pushed into the flow and there is no email activity in the campaign.

I looked at all the initial things I found as potential issues: unsubbed, blocked from marketing, blacklisted, communication limits, been through the flow before, etc., and couldn't find anything that should disqualify this email from going into the flow.

In the run history, I do see that 1 person "qualified" on Sept. 13, but not sure what that means in relation to going into the flow.

Can anyone help? Screenshots of the smart list, flow, campaign "status" tab showing 1 member, and run history below. 

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Pickles
Level 7

I can see the Qualification Rule on your Smart Campaign prevents a person from running through the campaign more than once - is the person who you're expecting to run through already a member of this campaign? Are you seeing an expected campaign lead number when visiting the Schedule tab?

Jeremy_Gendelma
Level 2

Hi Josh,

This campaign is brand new, so no one has ever run through it. The "results" tab is empty, as is the "email" tab under the main campaign information. The campaign is "set to affect around 0 existing people." Screenshots below.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

Jeremy_Gendelma
Level 2

Ok, so after posting that last reply I changed the qualification rules to "each person can run through the flow every time," just for fun. Now, the person I expected to run through the flow is scheduled to be affected. That is so strange considering this is a brand new campaign. I even checked the person's activity history and they never received the email from the flow at any point in the past. Any ideas?? 

Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Hi Jeremy,

The Run History tab features 1 person having run through the campaign on 13th September. Changing the qualification rules means that this single person can run through the workflow once more which is why we're seeing them in the schedule. 

I can see in your screenshot the Smart Campaign was edited on the 13th after the campaign had run - it's possible the send email variable wasn't added to the flow until this stage here. Is there anything other than Send Email within the Flow? Does this lead's Activity Log feature any other variables found within the flow of this program?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

That is so strange considering this is a brand new campaign.

It really is not new, as Josh points out. Your Run History itself contradicts that.

Jeremy_Gendelma
Level 2

Thank you, Josh. That makes sense. I guess on the 13th when the test email ran through the flow, I didn't have the email in there. I don't know how that happened considering it is the only step, but that seems the only logical explanation!

"New" in the Marketo world is a relative term, I guess, Sanford.