Re: Person Source in Marketo - Can you align Person Source to Google Analytics acquisition channels

Anonymous
Not applicable

Person Source in Marketo - Can you align Person Source to Google Analytics acquisition channels

Hi,

Bumping this unanswered thread to the top question because I have it too: Differentiating Organic Traffic

In our executive reporting, we're being asked to report our web traffic so that Person Source values align to the acquisition channels in Google Analytics. They want consistency from top-of-funnel to close. Why can't Marketo collect parameters that I can use to tell if an organic web lead is from organic search, direct traffic, referral, social, etc?

Any advice about how to do this in core Marketo or through an integration (We use Wordpress and Uberflip for our site pages) is appreciated.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Person Source in Marketo - Can you align Person Source to Google Analytics acquisition channels

How are you currently populating Person Source in Marketo right now?

At my previous company, our Person Source was the same as our UTM Source, and it was just set on form fill as a hidden field. (At my current company, our Person Source strategy is a little different...it's based on the form they fill out, rather than the channel that pushed them there.)

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Anonymous
Not applicable

To date, we've been attributing the traffic to "Web" generically.

If anyone has used HubSpot, then outcome we're looking for should sound familiar: We want person source when the lead is created to be attributed to the organic web channel as the source and not the form or content. We can control other person sources such as paid media or webinars because we control the entry point (specific landing page, form, etc.), but organic traffic is not the easiest to track to the lead source as elegantly with Marketo as it was in HubSpot.