Re: Person(Lead) rules not working in workflow

Anonymous
Not applicable

Person(Lead) rules not working in workflow

EDIT: Steven Vanderberg - All rules in all my campaigns utilizing brackets {{ }} where "lead.xxx" - so where a new value has something like {{lead.xxx}}, these rules are being skipped.

I believe it has something to do with the change from the usage of "LEAD" to "PERSON" and is likely affecting many accounts that run similar workflows.

-------------

I'm creating a smart campaign and testing it, it doesn't appear to be working since the transition from Lead to Person in my Marketo instance.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

I'm just noticing this now - not sure if any prior rules I've made are affected - will let you all know soon!

pastedImage_0.png

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Person rules not working in workflow

I can confirm this is the case and is affecting my production environment - anyone else experiencing this?

pastedImage_0.png

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

In what way is it not working?  Is it not firing?  Is it not writing the values you're expecting?  There's no errors and not enough details in the screenshots to go off of (this is step 10; we can't see what's happening before this).  You would need to contact Support and provide them a link to the campaign and an example record where it didn't work.

Gerard_van_den_
Level 3

hi Nicholas,

I looked into this because if the change of name from Lead to Person would actually break existing functionality, we'd all be scr*wed a bit 😉

It seems we're okay though, this is the answer to your question (from the Docs section):

Tokens

Tokens with the word lead in them are not changing. We apologize for any confusion; however changing all tokens to match the new terminology would break a whole lot of tokens currently in use. So you will still see tokens such as "{{lead.First Name}}." There are no person-specific tokens.

See for more details:

Updates to Marketo Terminology - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems tokens don't exist yet for "person" and as Gerard van den Akker has mentioned, moving this way would likely break A LOT of programs. 

I would propose that anything already with {{lead.xyz}} continue to work alongside {{person.xyz}}.  In fact, I'd make them analogous and with the preference for {{person.xyz}}.

Thanks for the update though!

Julie_Colwell1
Level 5

When is the Person Source being stamped is Step 9 in your workflow?