Re: Permanent Link to Email in Browser

Anonymous
Not applicable

Permanent Link to Email in Browser

Is there a way to link to a "view in browser" version of the email that always works and isn't tied to a general marketo user?

9 REPLIES 9
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

To generate a generic HTML version of an email, you can start from a lead-specific version that you then "de-personalize" -- like in the ShareMaker link that I sent you the other week​.

P.S. On a related topic you might check this blog post from last night. ​

Anonymous
Not applicable

So how do I depersonalize the link?

When I click a "view in browser" link I get this: http://go.tripspark.com/index.php/email/emailWebview?mkt_tok=&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiT1daaFl6STRNV1V6TWpBeC...

Is there a way to reference the "emailWebview" in a way that just brings me to a default version?

SanfordWhiteman

So how do I depersonalize the link?

When I click a "view in browser" link I get this: http://go.tripspark.com/index.php/email/emailWebview?mkt_tok=&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiT1daaFl6STRNV1V6TWpBeC...

De-personalize it by removing all the personalized links and other sensitive information ({{lead.tokens}}). In order to do this, all of those areas need to be set off with special classes or data- attributes.

Is there a way to reference the "emailWebview" in a way that just brings me to a default version?

Not that I've ever seen, since the mkt_tok locates both the email and the lead and without it you will get an error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, that's what I'm looking for.

Other marketing automation platforms I've used before offered direct links to the email itself.

Hopefully, someone from Marketo can chime in with a solution.

SanfordWhiteman

Hopefully, someone from Marketo can chime in with a solution.

Doubtful, since the feature has been discussed for years and its absence is the reason I built ShareMaker, which is the closest you can get as far as I know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem. At the moment I'm using the personalised link for one of my test records in the database, so at least it doesn't affect other record's metrics.
What I'm thinking now as a better solution is to download the HTML from the email and create a landing page with that HTML.

Any reason not to do that?

Thanks.

SanfordWhiteman

Nothing wrong with that, it's just manual.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

I know, but at the moment all the responses I've read are manual as well, at least there is no need of other tools with this one.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Yeah, I have to say I wish this feature existed. At my previous company, I often wanted to share with Sales a link to the email we were sending, but was stuck attaching PDFs to my SFDC campaign because I didn't feel like manually de-tokenizing every email I made and shared.