Period Costs on long-standing (evergreen) programs

Highlighted
Level 2

Period Costs on long-standing (evergreen) programs

Hello community!

My company is beginning the process of using period costs in our programs - and while the logistics makes sense for batch & blast and date specific events (like webinars)  - I'm a bit at a loss on how to implement it for long-standing programs.  Not for the cost but for the month that I'm to assign it to - Do I need to add in a PC every single month?

• For instance, our website brochure programs - those download/programs are always on the site with no date attached. How should I define the period costs? 
  • For on-demand programs that are evergreen - again, how should I establish that period costs?
  • What about for nurture programs?

I've read through all of the Marketo documentation, which is a great "how to" but doesn't cover these specific scenarios.  

What are you guys doing out there for such items?  

Thank you, 

A

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 1

Re: Period Costs on long-standing (evergreen) programs

in setup tab of a program you can add period cost as many times as you want

SrilekhaVV_0-1593417194728.png

Highlighted
Level 2

Thank you very much for that info - I am aware that you can set up the costs multiple times but for evergreen content, I'm wondering if that is the best practice (and for the other use-case examples that I posted). 

We have download brochure programs, as an example, on our website and they will be there forever - so am I to go into the program and assign a PC every single month, forever? 

Regards, 

A

Highlighted

Hi Alexis, did you ever resolve your question above? Would be very interested, as we are running into this as well! Thanks!