Re: Percentage allocation in a flow

Monique_Millson
Level 2

Percentage allocation in a flow

Does anyone know how to create a step in the flow which I can use a field such as "Build Location" into a percentage to the allocate (change the assigned user field) to a Sales Rep?

eg. if in region west - 50% Jess, 50% Sam ?

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It depends.

If you want a true round-robin (Jess, Sam, Jess, Sam, Jess, Sam) it's not possible without help from an external service (called as a webhook).

If you want 50% distribution averaged over time, use Random Sample.

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

To clarify, the "Random Sample" is a filter that you use on an "add choice" within a flow step. I couldn't find a Marketo doc about it but here's a screenshot

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 10.32.37 AM.png

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
SanfordWhiteman

Would do 25-25-25-Default, each with a List, rather than 25-25-25-25 with Default at Do nothing — need to make sure to catch any outliers due to rounding errors.

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Oh interesting point, never thought of that! Will do that next time.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
John_Miraglia1
Level 1

Amy,
Thanks for the screenshot.  I have been searching Marketo documentation trying to figure out have to split a smart list of 111K records into 4 lists. Tried every key word I could think of to find documentation without luck. Went to the community and found your post which helped greatly. 

My only issue now is that I scheduled the smart campaign (one time update) but only 45K of the 111K were split  across the 4 lists. I still have 66K scheduled that did not flow into a list. Not sure what is causing the issue and will open a ticket with support.

John Miraglia
SanfordWhiteman

Can you show your Smart List, Flow, and Setup tabs for this SC?
John_Miraglia1
Level 1

Hello Stanford,
Sorry for my delay in responding. I did not see your response to share the smart list / and flow.
Since I posted my message I have been working with Marketo Support. My ticket was escalated and is now sitting with Marketo Operations and they are investigating. I have learned that smart lists that use data retention (90 day / 25 month) constraints do not always work as designed. The person count for my smart list may not be accurate. I need an accurate count before I even download.

I am planning on purging inactive records from our instance and need a true number before moving forward.

John Miraglia