Re: People who have more than one email address

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

So am I right in thinking this is impossible?

Do you have exactly the same config as the OP, where Custom Objects have secondary email fields?

Julia_Rosentha3
Level 2

Not exactly. I am using ClickSend to send SMS's. Specifically their email-to-SMS feature, where you send an email to <insert mob number>@smsclicktosend.com, and it converts the body of the email to a text message and sends it to the mobile number in the email address. So I need to append the '@smsclicktosend.com' extension to everyones mobile number, then shoot them an email. But I can't use the default 'email' field because that's populated with the persons email address. So my plan was to

1. create a new field; clicktoSend'

2. create a smart campaign to join their mobile number with the @smsclicktosend.com extension

3. create another smart campaign to send an alert email

4. above smart campaign to be triggered off person score change

5. use clicktoSend token to send the alert to the <insert mob number>@smsclicktosend.com field

Julia_Rosentha3
Level 2

**But would be a whole lot easier if I could just send an email to whatevers in the ClicktoSend field, instead of the default 'email address' field

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

But would be a whole lot easier if I could just send an email to whatevers in the ClicktoSend field, instead of the default 'email address' field

That can't be done. But you can use Send Alert as described.  I wouldn't say that's super-cumbersome, and you don't have to constantly refresh their {{lead.ClickToSendAddress}}, you can just update it when the Mobile changes.

Since you aren't using COs, this is actually very different from the OP's situation.

Julia_Rosentha3
Level 2

We use CO as well, but for this, yes it's different. It was really the 'can you send email to a secondary email address or field' that i was hoping was possible. But no such luck...

Thanks for your advise

Julia_Rosentha3
Level 2

*advice