SOLVED

Re: Pausing an Engagement Program

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pausing an Engagement Program

My team needs to temporarily pause an entire engagement program. 

Is the best way to do this to create a smart campaign within the engagement program that uses the "change engagement program cadence" filter?  Specify in the smart list to pause any and all leads that are part of that engagement program.  Then go back in and deactivate the campaign on the day that my team wishes to turn all the leads live again?

Thank you!

Christine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Christine,

A better option would be to go to the Setup tab of the program and change the Program Status to Off.  You can turn it back on whenever you're ready.

John

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Christine,

A better option would be to go to the Setup tab of the program and change the Program Status to Off.  You can turn it back on whenever you're ready.

John

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

+1

If you do not know when you will have to start again, John's approach is better.

If you do know, then you can just create a smart campaign that pause all members, wait until that date and unpause them.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, John, that is much easier!

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I pause an entire engagement program will all of the campaigns turn off as well?

I recently paused an engagement program and one of the campaigns still seemed to be active.

thanks

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Brittany,

No, that will not turn off neither the smart campaign in the EP nor the smart campaigns in any nested sub-program.

Turning it off will simply stop all casts.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a simpler way to stop smart campaigns ... I have so many in one EP

and it is really manually to have to go to every single campaign.

Thanks

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 2:26 PM, Grégoire Michel <

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Britanny,

No, there is not.

Vote here:   and here:

-Greg

Josh_Grant2
Level 3

When this is turned back on, the leads will maintain their location in the stream, correct?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Yes, they will. Marketo will remember which lead has already received which email. This is linked to the email ID, not the email name, title, or whatsoever.

-Greg