Re: Pause nurture or allow two emails in one day?

Emily_Smith
Level 2

Pause nurture or allow two emails in one day?

Hi everyone,

We have a big publication launch tomorrow and are planning a special email to all subscribers pushing this content. It is new research that is only published every three years. Currently, our nurture program emails are also scheduled to go out on Tuesday mornings. If it were up to you, would you pause the nurture program so those in that program do not get two emails from us in one morning? Or let both emails go out? Or do something completely different?

Appreciate any last minute advice on this!  Just realized that I need to make a call on this.

Recovering from Thanksgiving brain,

Emily Smith

KnowledgeWorks

5 REPLIES 5
Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

Hi Emily,

I would be inclined to pause the nurture program. It sounds like the special email is more important and getting 2 emails in the same day might annoy people - plus it sounds like you want them to focus on the special email - so why distract them with another email?

Best,

Denise

Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

I agree with Denise, I would look to pause the engagement program OR just pause the members who are meant to receive the special email.

They will get back on track once you un-pause them, so make sure that your logic in your smart campaign Or if you do it via the setup ensures that you are putting them back into the engagement emails.

Thanks

Floyd

Emily_Smith
Level 2

Thanks for the advice!

Emily_Smith
Level 2

Thank you!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Same advice, simply pause the nurture.

Check your weekly limit too.

Greg