SOLVED

Re: Passing local tokens to requested campaign

Go to solution
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Passing local tokens to requested campaign

Is it possible to pass a program-specific token (e.g. {{my.Custom Program Title}}) to a campaign that exists outside the program, but has been requested from within the program? Here's a sample flow:

1. Person fills out form
  2. Program "Form" has a triggered smart campaign called "Converted" that picks up the action and starts the flow
  3. Program "Form" has a local token called "Custom Program Title" with a value of "Cool Program"
  4. "Converted" has a flow step of Request Campaign that calls a smart campaign living outside of the program called "Last Program Conversion"
  5. "Last Program Conversion" has a change data value flow step to update the field "Last Conversion" to the value of {{my.Custom Program Title}}

This is essentially the same as how you can use local tokens for emails that exist outside of the program they're sent through.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's not the same as the out-of-program email send, though, because this is an entirely different campaign, not a Flow step within a campaign.

There has to be an ability for the requested Campaign to use its own tokens... so the default can't be to take the requesting Campaign's tokens.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of a workaround other than using a webhook to call the API version of Request Campaign and pass the temporary tokens from the requesting Campaign (which has scalability concerns).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

It's not the same as the out-of-program email send, though, because this is an entirely different campaign, not a Flow step within a campaign.

There has to be an ability for the requested Campaign to use its own tokens... so the default can't be to take the requesting Campaign's tokens.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of a workaround other than using a webhook to call the API version of Request Campaign and pass the temporary tokens from the requesting Campaign (which has scalability concerns).

Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Yeah, doesn't seem like it -- just figured I'd see if I was missing anything. Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman

What's the reason to not do the Change Data Value from the first campaign?

Can you call a webhook from the first campaign? If so, have the webhook definition maintain the Program ID (or name) to Custom Program Title mapping.

Matt_Stone2
Level 9

No particular reason -- just overthinking things. In general, it'd be cool to be able to carry a token through every step within a flow, even if that's into new campaigns via Request Campaign.