Re: Passing Quiz Answers to CRM

Nick_Nappo
Level 4

Passing Quiz Answers to CRM

I know this is dependent on CRM integration, but here's my situation:

We want to pass values selected by a user in a quiz to CRM. We've created separate Marketo fields for each of the answers - MV Quiz 1, MV Quiz 2, MV Quiz 3, and so on. I assumed that if we want the user's selections for each field to pass into CRM, we need to use lead tokens - {{lead.MV Quiz 1}}, etc. However, the values aren't being passed into CRM once the user fills out the form.

Am I using the right token type? Or is there another piece of this puzzle I'm missing.

Thanks, all! Looking forward to seeing some you at the NY MUG meeting next week.

10 REPLIES 10
Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

If you are using the standard text field as your field in Marketo, that would be the proper way to put in the proper values. The best practice would be to first create those fields within the CRM (SFDC) and those would sync into Marketo without having to create them manually in Marketo.

What does your field mapping look like in the Field Management section of Marketo for these fields? Are those fields mapped to the respective CRM fields?

Also, if these fields are synced between Marketo and SFDC, there is nothing that you would necessarily need to do with tokens since the sync would happen automatically.

Nick_Nappo
Level 4

We don't use SFDC - that's why it's not as seamless.

Also, what would be an explanation for why the answers wouldn't appear on the info tab for someone who filled out the form? Here's what the form looks like on my end.

MV Quiz Marketo.JPG

Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Which CRM are you using? Also, are you able to send a link to the quiz?

Nick_Nappo
Level 4

It's CRM 360. Here's the quiz link.

https://pages.kmbs.konicaminolta.us/AC-Managed-Voice-Quiz_test-2.html

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 2:35 PM Bryan Epstein <marketingnation@marketo.com>

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's not clear why you'd expect those Hidden fields to be filled with any data from the quiz!

Unless the quiz answers are deliberately gathered and used to populate those fields, they're just fields waiting for data.

Nick_Nappo
Level 4

So then, what would be the best way to deliberately gather data from the

quiz? Put the tokens {{lead.MV Quiz 1}} and so on, in the Default Value

for the hidden token?

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 4:07 PM Sanford Whiteman <

Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

In this scenario, do you have two separate forms?

1) The Ceros Single Page Quiz Extension Form

2) This form below with all of the hidden fields

MV Quiz Marketo.JPG

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

There are 2 forms in the human sense, but not 2 HTML form elements.

The idea is the quiz values are used to set the Mkto field values, but the JS is messed up (check the console).

Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Sanford Whiteman​, I think the data values are filled through Ceros's single page quiz extension (Ceros Educate). I'm not sure if that is the reason for these hidden fields. Even so, it wouldn't explain how these values would be passed through to the CRM.

How are other fields mapped to CRM 360, Nick Nappo​? Can you provide a screenshot of another field in the Marketo Field Management section that is currently syncing into your CRM?