SOLVED

PPC Ad Tracking in Marketo

Go to solution
SmartRent
Level 2

PPC Ad Tracking in Marketo

I am interested in seeing if anyone has been able to track PPC leads in Marketo? I currently run multiple PPC ads through Google Ads and would like to capture leads under the person source of "PPC" if they have interacted with our site through our ads. Currently, Marketo captures these leads as a web source but I would like my instance too accurately represent how my leads are entering our site. This is to create a more accurate ROI count when calculating our PPC ad exposure. Currently, this ad data is being stored in Google Analytics but does not provide lead source information. I would love to learn more about how to capture this PPC information in our Marketo instance. 

Many information is welcomed!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

Re: PPC Ad Tracking in Marketo

It's advisable to use basic UTMs and then via hidden Marketo fields capture such info. Here's a method to do it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

It's advisable to use basic UTMs and then via hidden Marketo fields capture such info. Here's a method to do it.

SmartRent
Level 2

Hi Balkar - 

If I have the UTM parameters embedded in my PPC ads, will Marketo be able to pull that information? From research, it seems that the UTM parameters only pull data if a prospect fills out an embedded form on my site. What I am looking for is if a prospect lands on my site from our PPC ads, I would like Marketo to track their person source as "PPC" rather than "website visit", regardless if they filled out a form from the site or not?

Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

If you want to do this for known leads, you can identify them by Visited Web Page/Constraints. You can create a separate source field to stamp the source values for the different channels.

If you want to do this for anonymous leads, they will be processed only after they become known (when they fill out the form) however you can look back at what Marketo recorded as per it's original source (by system managed fields) and tie back the information to your source fields. This could be one way.