Re: PDF in Email

Anonymous
Not applicable

PDF in Email

Hi Everyone, 

I am currently creating an email program with several PDF's that are confidential to everyone not receiving the email.  How can we make it so that only people who receive the email have access to the PDF?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Kristen, obviously it depends on the confidentiality level here, and it should go without saying that anything on the internet that isn't password protected (and even that depnds on the technology behind the password protection) is available if the wrong people want to get their hands on it.

If it's super secure I would suggest an FTP where someone needs to login to download.

If it's just that you don't want it available to others who aren't receiving the email, I'd just ensure that the pdf doesn't have an easily guessable URL, and it should be alright.
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Kristen,

Dory is correct. While it is possible to host a password-protected .pdf on Marketo and then send out a link to your recipients, that security may not be good enough for your needs. In this case, you should host the file on a secure file storage service (ideally your own platform) and then send an email to your recipients containing a link to the file, requiring them to login securely in order to download the file.

Justin