Re: PC versus MAC?

Anonymous
Not applicable

PC versus MAC?

When I design emails in some of the templates, they show up excellent on my MAC. When I send a test, to some other of my team members, it seems that outlook PC is not as forgiving, do you suggest building the emails out on a MAC or PC? How do you possibly view all of the different platforms?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would recommend using Litmus, which is a service that will let you see how an email looks across email clients. The second option is to test yourself by sending sample emails through Marketo.

https://litmus.com/

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a general rule, Liz, Outlook is a notoriously fickle platform for email rendering. Depending on the version of Outlook being used, you will see wildly different results in the inbox. As Murtza recommends, try Litmus. It's a great tool that everyone should be using.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Yes on Litmus! I too am on a Mac, and when I viewed a few of the emails I've created and sent to a few of my colleagues on a pc using outlook I saw how horrible the emails looked.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing I've done recently is start with some of the templates available on templates.marketo.com and customized for our needs. This removed a lot of the back and forth of getting things to look appropriate. I wish there were more choices (for event invites, etc.), but it was good to get a set of nurture templates into our library.
Amy_Lepre
Level 7

For those of you who are using Litmus - have you ever used Email on Acid? Wondering how the two services compare. We're currently using EOA.