Re: Overriding field value to use the Default Token Value

Anonymous
Not applicable

Overriding field value to use the Default Token Value

I am about to send an email blast to 23,000 people. 17,000 people have the correct lead owner listed and so the tokens in the email would populate corectly. However, 5,000 of my 23,000 leads have a Field Owner listed in their lead detail, but my team would like to override this and have them recieve the default value. I do not want to  change their lead detail information, this email will be the anamoly.

Is there a way that I can do this?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Matt, it sounds like you have these 5000 people separated out somehow so I'd split this into two sends. The first send would be email address is: [your 5000 names] < this will need to be split into multiple filters since they can only handle just over 2000 options each. For these, I'd create a separate email where the correct information is the default value.

Then I'd set up a second send where the filters are the criteria for your send AND wasn't sent email [the email in the first send]. This way the people who received the default information won't receive the second, tokenized send.

There are multiple ways to do this, but this is one way that I find to be pretty simple and straightforward, and doesn't leave too much room for error.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Can you use the Default values instead?