Re: Original Source Type: Web page visit vs Web Form Fillout

Hoi_Nguyen3
Level 2

Original Source Type: Web page visit vs Web Form Fillout

Hi Community,

For the field "Original Source Type", I thought I understood how Marketo differentiates between "Web page visit" and "Web form fillout" but I've run into a few records again where I don't quite understand how the Original Source Type value was assigned.

As an example:

I've noticed that for one of our landing pages, some of the time when a record visits it and submits the form, their Original Source Type is equal to "Web page visit" but other times it is equal to "Web form fillout".

Can someone provide a clear idea of how Marketo assigns this value?

Thanks,

Hoi

P.S.

When submitting questions in Community, I don't understand what "In a Place" is anymore. I have to pick a Place but none of the options available make sense to me. Can someone help me get smart on that? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Can you show the drop-down for Type in a Lead Created filter w/Type constraint?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I wonder if Marketo replaced "web page visit" with "web form fillout".  In fact, "web page visit" isn't even an option in the drop-down anymore - even though records in our DB include "web page visit" as the source type:

pastedImage_0.png

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Now that I looked further into this, it appears the "source type" constraint may be using the values for "Registration Source Type", not "Original Source Type"

pastedImage_0.png