Opt-Out = Unsubscribed

James_Zolinski
Level 4

Opt-Out = Unsubscribed

For lead that uncheck the opt-in box, meaning they are opting-out to receive emails from us, we want their unsubscribe = true. Opposite side, if a lead comes back and re-opts-in, we want their unsubscribe = false.

I've tried many scenarios to get this to work with no success. In our instance, we have a folder for Subscription Management, and then campaigns for, with double opt-in and without double opt-in.

Am I able to set this process up within one of the current campaigns? Or do I need to create separate campaigns for this process to correctly opt-in/subscribed, opt-out/unsubscribed leads?

Here is a screen shot of the current SL and Flow from my campaign-Process without Double Opt-in

SL.JPG

flow.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Opt-Out = Unsubscribed

Your workflow should look more like what you described, not what you created.

• if Explicit Opt In becomes TRUE, then If Unsubscribe=T, make Unsubscribe=F.
    • your field should be a toggle field that passes the value to another field like Opted In, that way you avoid issues where it goes on/off incorrectly.
    • just because Explicit Opt In=F, are you sure that means they should be unsubscribed? Is that what your legal counsel advised?
  • Marketing Suspended is an internal field, so I'd caution against just setting it to FALSE, because some other program may want to keep it TRUE

I've got more on my site, but this is complex and you should draw it out more.

James_Zolinski
Level 4

Thanks Josh, the way you see it set up is how it was set up previously, which I don’t believe is working correctly. As for, if this is something our legal counsel as advised, no, my manager wants it that way. Reason being, we currently have a grey area where leads have not explicitly opted in or out, and he wants it so if leads opt out, they equal unsubscribe. He wants leads to be either opted in or unsubscribed, this way we know the leads that are receive our emails are only opted-in.

What is your website? I don’t see a link for it.

Vineela_Maram
Level 4

Hi James,

Did you try Data value changes trigger for your use case.

For lead that uncheck the opt-in box, meaning they are opting-out to receive emails from us, we want their unsubscribe = true. Opposite side, if a lead comes back and re-opts-in, we want their unsubscribe = false.

1. You could use data value changes trigger on explicit opt-in field with new value = false, previous value for explicit opt-in = true in smart list filter and in the flow step change data value to unsubscribe = true(ie., he has unchecked the opt-in box) in your smart list filter and add them to unsubscribe list.

2. Similarly, when data value changes on explicit opt-in field with new value = true, previous value for explicit opt-in = false in smart list filter and in the flow step change data value to unsubscribe = false(ie., he has opted-in) in your smart list filter and in the flow step remove them from the unsubscribe list

I would suggest you to test this approach and see if it works before making it live to ensure they are no dependencies to these fields in other progressions.

Thanks,

vineela.