Re: Opinions on background colours please

Anonymous
Not applicable

Opinions on background colours please

In Marketo's email templates, it seems the default setting is grey on the sides of the email (padding, background, whatever it's called...) and no amount of toggling the colours on the modules has any effect on them.

I always think the grey breaks up the email and looks a bit basic and cheap, I've always thought white edge to edge looks so much better. What are your opinions/workarounds on this?

colour.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't mind the grey background color myself, but to each their own, right? There isn't a module for this background color specifically, but you can modify it in the code of the email, changing it to white, a lighter grey, or even purple!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Christina, how do I do that? I've modified the hex colour in the code of the email (email background colour) to FFFFFF, and it's still showing as grey, so just assumed it wasn't possible to change?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

Marketo emails sometimes don't take the hex color code into regard. Try using white instead of the hex color code, so use color: white; instead of color: #99cc00; .

Let me know if this works and if it does mark the reply as helpful!!

Cheers!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Neeraj,

All of the other colours are coded as hex codes, and I get this error message when trying to just use white. Thanks though!
pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you send me the template/email code?
Copy the code and send it to be in a notepad/word file. I'll see what I can do to get it right.
email address: neeraj.shahdadpuri@reachlocal.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Neeraj, thanks for your help with this, it's still showing as grey though Suppose I'll just have to deal with it! Appreciate your help though, very kind!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Regina Bluman​, I'm new to Marketo, but not to email coding. You're on the right track with the hex colors. It's important to use hex colors because email clients read those best.

One thing you could try is to force the white color like this: #ffffff !important. Hopefully that helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Allie, cheers for the tip - I did try it, and got nothing.

Then, I accessed the exact same template yesterday, and the background had magically changed to white, as coded. I'm just blaming a Marketo hiccup for it taking two weeks to update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad it finally worked!