Opinion: What RCE reports (for B2B) have you found to be most insightful for identifying areas of improvement?

Leanne_Persang
Level 4

Opinion: What RCE reports (for B2B) have you found to be most insightful for identifying areas of improvement?

We will be learning RCE soon - very excited - and, we have been asked by the trainer to provide a list of reports we'd like to see. Curious to hear from those using RCE reports, which ones do you find to be the most insightful (for B2B)?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Opinion: What RCE reports (for B2B) have you found to be most insightful for identifying areas of improvement?

Hi Leanne -

That's great news about starting to use RCE!  I think the first question(s) I would start with would be what kind of reporting insights am I being asked to produce.  Have you and your team been asked to provide specific information around say leads by channel, revenue by channel, etc?  if so, that's great as this will help you narrow down which reports in RCE would be most insightful.  If not, I would recommend your team working through an exercise with other stakeholders to align on reporting objectives.

Another point I would make here is to ensure that all of your programs within Marketo are setup to be included in the reporting:

• Channel assignment
  • Cost Period information
  • Acquisition Program being tracked
  • Successes being tracked within the programs
  • IF you are using SFDC - you want to ensure each opp has a contact role assigned

These points will be necessary to aggregate data within reports and help provide visibility into which campaigns are the most/least successful.   Some of the metrics we try to answer with reporting for ourselves and clients include:

• Highest ROI by Channel 
  • Lowest ROI by Channel
  • FT Attribution - which programs are good at bringing in new names that generated revenue
  • MT Attribution - which programs are good at influencing names in the database that generated revenue
  • Opportunity by Lead Source (with time frame) - this report can help provide visibility into which lead sources are driving the most opps

These are just a few but some ideas to get started, hope this helps!

Leanne_Persang
Level 4

Re: Opinion: What RCE reports (for B2B) have you found to be most insightful for identifying areas of improvement?

Thanks, Christine - very helpful! Question regarding the acquistion program: When you do a list import through the program's members tab... do you need to set the acquisition via a campaign or is this handled when the leads are imported this way?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad the information was helpful!

To answer your question above - yes acquisition program is assigned when you import a list through the members tab (for new leads created on import)

List import process is something that can get super confusing, really quick!  As there are two specific ways to import members into a program.  Some considerations I would think about before importing through the members tab:

• While this does give you the flexibility to assign membership, if the campaign is synced to SFDC, the record will sync directly to SFDC and deny your data management/lifecycle campaigns that are set up.  This could result in some mis-management
  • Also if you import a list into the program (not the members tab) then you have the ability to filter on that list name - which is VERY helpful.  These include the 'was added to list' filter or 'added to list' trigger. 
  • If you choose to upload a list into the program - remember to include flow steps in a campaign to make the leads a member of the program - it's a little bit extra work but this process gives you the ability to filter on list names

So in conclusion - I would recommend picking a specific list import process that best meets your business process, document it and share with the team! 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Christine