Re: Operational Program that can pause leads from any Engagement program

Patrick_Vesely1
Level 1

Operational Program that can pause leads from any Engagement program

We have several engagement programs where Leads can respond to one of our Business Development Reps.  The lead can request to speak to Sales, Unsubscribe, Ask for more information or ask for Customer Support.  When the lead responds, we want to pause them from whatever engagement program that they are in.

I would like to make this a global operational program that will allow me to pause them from the Cadence.  Does anyone have any recommendations to do this at a Global level?  (I know that there is a flow step to change the cadence for specific engagement program).

Flow step.png

Patrick Vesely
2 REPLIES 2
Michael_Florin
Level 10

At first glance, I'd say this is not possible. Or at least not scalable as you'd need one flow step per Engagement Program a person might be in. If you're operating in multiple work spaces, it becomes even more troublesome.

How about flipping "Marketing Suspended" to TRUE if one of your conditions applies? That is pretty global and prevents a person to receive any email. And flip it back to FALSE once your conditions no longer apply.

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Rather than pausing them, if you use Default Programs as your email for the Engagement Program (rather than an email asset) you could set the membership for delivery to be "member of engagement campaign" AND "whatever criteria would meet that". So, let's say they clicked a certain link in the past 4 days, then that could be your second criteria to not let them get the email. THEN, as long as that's in each email program's smart campaign for every nurture, it would essentially skip each email until they met that criteria (ultimately flagging them as exhausted every week, instead of paused).