SOLVED

Re: Opened Email Min Number of Times?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opened Email Min Number of Times?

I was wondering how the Min. Number of Times add constraint to the Opened Email Filter worked if I had a list of emails in the filter.

For instance, I list 5 emails from a nurturing program in the Opened Email filter.  I add a constraint for Min Number of Times is 2. Will I get leads that opened any of the emails at least 2 times or will I get leads that opened at least 2 of the 5 emails listed?

I'm basically trying to pull leads that opened emails from a nurturing program, and opened at least 2 of the emails.

Thanks in advance!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lan, I see what you're trying to do.

Unfortunately, you can't do this with Marketo advanced filters. I tried to do the following logic and it wouldn't take either one:

(1 and 2) or (1 and 3) or (1 and 4) or (1 and 5) or (2 and 3) or (2 and 4) or (2 and 5) or (3 and 4) or (3 and 5) or (4 and 5)

(1 and (2 or 3 or 4 or 5)) or (2 and (1 or 3 or 4 or 5)) or (3 and (1 or 2 or 4 or 5)) or (4 and (1 or 2 or 3 or 5)) or (5 and (1 or 2 or 3 or 4))

I think your best bet would be to create 5 smart campaigns and create a new score field. Each smart campaign will look at if a lead was sent the email and +1 to the score if yes.

Then, you can run your filter off the score.

Let me know if you come up with a better way.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I understand correctly, the Trigger will be activated in either case -- someone opens one email 2 or 2 of the 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lan, I see what you're trying to do.

Unfortunately, you can't do this with Marketo advanced filters. I tried to do the following logic and it wouldn't take either one:

(1 and 2) or (1 and 3) or (1 and 4) or (1 and 5) or (2 and 3) or (2 and 4) or (2 and 5) or (3 and 4) or (3 and 5) or (4 and 5)

(1 and (2 or 3 or 4 or 5)) or (2 and (1 or 3 or 4 or 5)) or (3 and (1 or 2 or 4 or 5)) or (4 and (1 or 2 or 3 or 5)) or (5 and (1 or 2 or 3 or 4))

I think your best bet would be to create 5 smart campaigns and create a new score field. Each smart campaign will look at if a lead was sent the email and +1 to the score if yes.

Then, you can run your filter off the score.

Let me know if you come up with a better way.

John_Westley
Level 4

Inspired by the direction of Lan's logic I was able to figure out how to create a smart list giving me the people that opened 2 of 5 emails.

The error with Lan's samples was becasue you can't repeat a filter in logic. It can only occur once.

Because of that we had to use 10 filters:

(1 and 2) or (3 and 4) or (5 and 6) or (7 and 😎 or (9 and 10)

1 - Opened Email #1 and
2 - Opened either Email #2, 3, 4, or 5

- or -

3 - Opened Email #2 and
4 - Opened either Email #1, 3, 4, or 5

- or -

5 - Opened Email #3 and
6 - Opened either Email #1, 2, 4, or 5

- or -

7 - Opened Email #4 and
8 - Opened either Email #1, 2, 3, or 5

- or -

9 - Opened Email #5 and
10 - Opened either Email #1, 2, 3, or 4

Here's a screenshot of how it works ... sorry for the redacted version but I couldn't have the list names public.

0EM50000000TA2i.png

Maci91
Level 2

Hi John,

Thanks for this solution, I was just wondering does it needs to be added in the beginning of the smart list the filter member of list, or is it just enough to put open email filters?