Only show RTP campaign if form not completed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only show RTP campaign if form not completed

How can I setup an RTP segment to only be triggered if the viewer has not completed a specific form? I want to be able to show the RTP campaign for downloading a piece of content only to people who have not filled in the form to access it previously. Is there a way to import the data from the 'Fills Out Form' trigger or make a call to something like 'Member of List'?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Only show RTP campaign if form not completed

Hi Joe. You can't add a Lead directly from a Smart List. You will want to create a field to store a value for whether they have filled out the form or not. Once that synced over to RTP, you can add it as a filter for the RTP campaign, as per the document here: http://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Create+an+RTP+Segment+Using+Known+Lead+Data

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions.

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

I realize this question is a bit old, but I did want to add that adding a filter based on a Marketo database field is only step 1.

If they are not a Known Profile (Marketo specific cookie, different than RTP cookie), it won't know that they have not completed the form because it won't know who they are. There may be an option to use the RTP Context API to work around this, I'm not 100% sure.

-Melissa

Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

True - you can always use segment rule logic to include unknown leads (who haven't filled out the form) OR known leads who haven't.

pastedImage_0.png

Also, we use an RTP Grouping field to keep our DB cleaner (don't need a new field for every behavior). Just be careful how you populate this in case you have overlap between different potential RTP segments.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh - interesting! That's a good way of handling setup if there's no fear of overlap.