SOLVED

Re: Only Known Users as Smart Campaign/List Members?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only Known Users as Smart Campaign/List Members?

Hello friends,

I created a smart campaign that will alert me when a person has visited a page that we've recently added Munchkin code to. We predicted that most of these people would be anonymous users, and the information that I inputted in my alert proved this to be true. The issue we're having now is that the smart campaign that we used to send out the alerts shows "0" members.

My question is: Do you need to be a known lead in order to be a member of a smart campaign?

Thanks and happy Friday!

Danny T.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you want to track anon, anon folks can be members of list.  So you can as part of your flow step, add to list.  They won't show up as members but they will show up as a line on the list and it will be blank. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

Yes, especially because Anonymous filters were removed quite a while ago.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the note. I wasn't trying to add in any anon filters, I just couldn't see the people in my members list that triggered the smart campaign.

Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you want to track anon, anon folks can be members of list.  So you can as part of your flow step, add to list.  They won't show up as members but they will show up as a line on the list and it will be blank. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very awesome tip. I haven't needed to look into anon folks in the past, but this is a new process to the company and so this trick will come in handy.

Thanks so much!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Don't rely on this behavior.  When the ongoing Munchkin upgrade is complete, anonymous leads will not trigger Smart Campaigns while they are still anonymous.  ​They will only go through the SC flow when they are "promoted" by being associated with a known lead.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great insight, Sanford. Since this trick will only be used for a short amount of time with our company, I'm hoping that it's in line with what Marketo is doing with the Munchkin update. Good to know for those who will be possibly viewing this thread later on.