We are looking at doing a quiz as part of our nurturing campaign.
We would like to do something similar to what Payscale (http://www.payscale.com/) does with their salary reports. Basically, we'd send a quiz to one of our prospects, they would fill it out, and they'd get their 'profile' from us. This would all be fun stuff, but would help us get data on them while engaging them in some light content.
Our issue is we'd like to follow up with some post-quiz content on their type and I'm wondering what the best way to facilitate this would be that integrates into Marketo for a campaign. Is there a way to do this directly in Marketo? Or is there a third party service that allows us to do this?
My idea of the flow of this campaign would be
1. Lead fills out quiz and provides email address for results
2. Once quiz is completed, they see their 'profile type' (ie. you are the Magician - you are a whiz at what you do... type information)
3. Marketo adds them into this customer type and triggers a follow up campaign
4. The day after they complete the quiz, an infographic with info about a typical person that fits their profile is sent to them
5. The next day, a follow up video is sent to them
Anyone have any ideas how we can facilitate this?
We're working on a similar project for a customer demand gen program.
As Charlie Liang mentioned, we're looking into SnapApp. I have a call scheduled with them today to see if they're a fit. Here's an example of one of their quizzes: http://www.snapapp.com/platform/examples/bg-which-sweet-treat-are-you
Haven't heard of GetFeedback.com - thanks for the suggestion Justin Gray!
I am just curious if you've looked into anything else in your search. I looked at SnapApp myself and was impressed, but I was wondering if you found anything more cost effective? We found Qzzr, but haven't explored it in as much depth yet.
Hi Kyle Russell -
We didn't find anything else that would work for us. Snap App was more expensive than we were wanting to spend for a single quiz. It would have made since if we had more interactive content (at this time we don't). As of now, the plan is to work with a 3rd party developer to build the quiz. I haven't heard of Qzzr. I'll definitely look into it though!
I'll keep you posted if I find any others.
Once you have the quiz functionality up and running through a third party, and pass the data into each profile in Marketo, the next part is relatively easy.
I would recommend setting up a segmentation which contains your different profile types. Then you would have a triggered campaign set up which is based on the segmentation changing from Default to any other value.
The flow steps could then be - wait a day, and then send Email 1. Wait another day, and then send Email 2.
Email 1 and 2 both have dynamic content which is controlled by the segmentation. So "Magicians" will see Magician content, "Whizzes" will see Whiz content, and so forth.
So if you can feed in the profile type for each person, then the hardest part is done!
Wouldn't we need some tool to provide an instant result, though?
This is our ideal flow:
1. Person is invited to take quiz
2. Person answers 5 or 10 multiple choice questions
3. Person is prompted for email address to receive results
4. Person fills in form, clicks submit
5. Result is brought up
6. The next day, a follow up campaign begins about their profile
Wouldn't we need something fairly robust to complete these actions?