SOLVED

One Time Login for leads

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

One Time Login for leads

Some Background:

So I use marketo to manage most of the content and registration, while another CMS system manages the web end. For users to get to our content, we require that they register with a marketo form, so that we can track and send relevant content to them later. All pretty standard stuff. But we have a ton of content, and requiring users to fill out a form every time they want to access this content seems extremely redundant.

So the question, is there any way to link data they fill out to a Social Media profile or create login profiles, so that they either have to click a button and it pass the info on and auto registers them, or have the registration page recognize the login profile and skip the registration page altogether, while updating the lead score to reflect that they registered for the content (by using a meta tag or something)?

Basically, they fill the form out once and never have to again to access all the rest of the content, but all of their clicks are recorded in their lead file in marketo?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: One Time Login for leads

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Mike,

What you are requesting is more of a portal behavior, when some creates an account and, when logged into that account, can navigate freely to any content.

I'd rather do this using the CMS capabilities, set up the portal, then integrate the portal "account creation" form and "login" form with Marketo so that when the person creates an account or logs in, they are linked to their Marketo lead entry.

And of course, you will also need to use the Marketo munchkin code on every page of the portal to track lead navigation and clicks.

Hope this helps

-Greg

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

JeffHensiek
Level 2

I was so excited to see that there may be a potential solution to this.  However, when I clicked on the link, it didn't go anywhere.  Has this resource been moved?

Jeff Hensiek
Marketing Automation Program Manager
Michael_Florin
Level 10