Re: On24 Attended On Demand stripping {{member.webinar URL}}

Nicholas_Hajdin
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

On24 Attended On Demand stripping {{member.webinar URL}}

Running into issues with the {{member.webinar URL}} token working for people who are in Attended On-Demand Program Status.

We use the same Registration Page for Live/On-Demand Webinars. Everything works as expected unless the person has a status of Attended On Demand, in which case the {{member.webinar URL}} is empty in the confirmation email.

While the scenarios may be rather unlikely, we want to prepare for if someone has already watched the webinar on demand, eventually returns and re-registers they receive the correct url in the confirmation email. Reason being, we promote the on-demand webinars through different channels and at different times,

Once a person reaches "Attended On-Demand" status - why is the member.webinar url no longer active?

Tags (2)
12 REPLIES 12
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

James Pemberton​ - FYI, let's keep an eye on this thread.  Last thing we need is more On24 issues.

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

I honestly think that the Attended On-Demand issue can't be forgotten, both status, Register and Attended On-Demand MUST populate the token {{member.webinar URL}}, otherwise this is useless, not reason to have have it. The delay when used on LPs on top of this is enough to reconsider putting this token into production.

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

I saw the issue when I took out of a program some test emails, then they received the confirmation after a waiting step and the token was not populated. Seems like they must have the Registered status at least as previous status. Not happy about it because makes me nervous about the reliability of the token.

Raymond_Johnson
Level 5

In your smart campaign, "Change Progression Status – Set to Webinar -> Registered" is required when setting up your smart campaign. When a lead's progression status changes to “Registered,” it triggers Marketo to pushes the registration information to ON24.

The send email flow action MUST come after the Change Status in Progression flow action described above. The confirmation email contains the {{member.webinar url}} token which is populated with information sent back to Marketo from ON24.

If you don't have Change Status to "Registered" in progression flow your {{member.webinar url}} token will not be populated.

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

Which is wrong, very wrong, because if you have an alternative way to get into the webinar, for example an ON24 direct link somewhere, the attendance will be fed back to Marketo as Attended On Demand, a follow up email triggered, and a broken link delivered.

Raymond_Johnson
Level 5

Hi Diego, I'm not saying there isn't room for improvements, but this is how the integration operates on a technical level. If you don't have Change Status to "Registered" in progression flow your {{member.webinar url}} token will not be populated.

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

This is not a matter or improvement, its a matter of making it useful, this token shouldn't be made available to final user.

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

Also, not being able to track the link makes this token very limited.

Nicholas_Hajdin
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

We have the Change Program Status flow step to Registered upon form submission and the token works upon initial registration. The issue I raised is that once a person reaches the status of Attended On Demand, the Registered status is stripped. I imagine this is because a person cannot move backwards in program status, thus stripping the token of the webinar url if the person registers again.

As for tracking tokens, the best option is to review your program or smart campaign membership to see those who attended and infer the webinar.url was clicked.