SOLVED

Re: Okay to CC Sales Insight email internally?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay to CC Sales Insight email internally?

We work in teams, and would like to CC other team members on emails to clients.

If we use TRACK AND SEND, is this ok?

I did a quick test and it didn't seem to pickup my team members' opens/clicks as the client, but the links ARE containing MKTO tracking details.

Anyone want to validate?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for not being more clear.  You can send an email via Send and Track that has email addresses in the CC field.  You can also send it to multiple email addresses in the To field.  In either case, everyone will receive the email and everyone will be able to see that you sent the email to multiple addressees.  However, Marketo will only log the Send Email activity to the lead record of the first email address in the To field and will not log the Send Email activity to the lead record of any other addressee.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo will only log the email send to the first email address in the To field of an email when using Send and Track.  If any recipient clicks the tracked links, a cookie will be placed on thier computer that points to the lead record of the of the first email address in the To field.
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about the CC field? Same rules apply?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I think I read your response wrong. So you are confirming that you basically can only send an MSI email to 1 recipient at all times.

Bummer
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for not being more clear.  You can send an email via Send and Track that has email addresses in the CC field.  You can also send it to multiple email addresses in the To field.  In either case, everyone will receive the email and everyone will be able to see that you sent the email to multiple addressees.  However, Marketo will only log the Send Email activity to the lead record of the first email address in the To field and will not log the Send Email activity to the lead record of any other addressee.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I follow -  but anyone else who opens/clicks the email will be assumed by Marketo to be the first intended recipient - along with all the activity data afterwards - right?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right!