SOLVED

Re: Nurture program setup for a welcome drip

Go to solution
Megan_Koelemay
Level 4

Nurture program setup for a welcome drip

I'm building a welcome email series with 5 emails sent to the subscriber over the course of several weeks.  I'm using a nurture program because we will likely add or remove content in the somewhat near future (and I've read that's the best approach), but I'm going to use multiple streams so the cadence can be based on wait steps instead of set days of casts (as a single stream would require).  So when someone signs up for our marketing emails, I want to immediately send them Email 1 (which would be in Stream 1), then wait X number of days, move to Stream 2 and send Email 2, wait Y number of days, move to Stream 3 and send Email 3...etc etc.

My questions:

1. What are all the triggers and/or filters I will need to make sure everyone moves through each stream and receives all 5 emails (no matter if they opened/clicked, didn't open/click, exhausted, etc)?  Instead of using the transition rules on the streams, I plan to set up Smart Lists in a separate folder contained within the program.

2. What is the most reliable way to properly exit members from the nurture program so they can continue on to our normal weekly promotional emails?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Abhinav_saini
Level 3

Hi Megan,

For your first query: You can use transition rules or smart campaign to move from one stream to another. Use below filter in smart list 

Email was sent -> email name 

AND

Member of engagement Program-> Program name -> stream 1

Flow:

Change engagement program stream 2 (And so on for other streams)

Abhinav_saini_0-1606815220832.png

For your second query: Lets suppose your last stream is X and last email name is Y

Create a smart campaign as per below

Smart list

member of engagement program -> program name -> stream name x

AND

Was sent email Y

Flow: Change Engagement program cadence ->Pause

Abhinav Saini

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Abhinav_saini
Level 3

Hi Megan,

For your first query: You can use transition rules or smart campaign to move from one stream to another. Use below filter in smart list 

Email was sent -> email name 

AND

Member of engagement Program-> Program name -> stream 1

Flow:

Change engagement program stream 2 (And so on for other streams)

Abhinav_saini_0-1606815220832.png

For your second query: Lets suppose your last stream is X and last email name is Y

Create a smart campaign as per below

Smart list

member of engagement program -> program name -> stream name x

AND

Was sent email Y

Flow: Change Engagement program cadence ->Pause

Abhinav Saini
Megan_Koelemay
Level 4

@Abhinav_saini Thank you!!