SOLVED

Nurture campaign without the drips?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nurture campaign without the drips?

Hi all - Marketo Dumb-Dumb here,

I apologize in advance if this seems super obvious to answer, but I'm not a Marketo expert in any way. In fact, I'm not even a marketer! I'm a designer whose managers decided that I should be the Marketo person. Anywho...

I'm trying to figure out how I can set-up a continuous nurture campaign for NEW leads that come into the system. I've used the stock engagement program a few times, but, as far as I know that is only for the group of people you place in it, correct?

The entry to this stream involves people filling out a specific form. After that, I have content that I'd like to deliver on a weekly basis; Your basic nurture. I just can't figure out how to add new people to this, automatically, that will start at the beginning. I honestly started thumbnailing a process involving smart campaigns that would send out time delayed content, but that really seems like overkill.

I can't be the first person with this problem (and I don't just mean my ignorance), so I'm assuming Marketo has a solution. Not looking for anyone to spend time holding my hand through the whole thing, but I definitely need to be pointed in the right direction at the very least.

I appreciate any help!

Thanks,

S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Nurture campaign without the drips?

Here's what to do here.

1. Create Engagement
  2. Decide on Entry Rules for Existing Leads ( you did this, and run batch > Add to Engagement Program Stream 1)
  3. Decide when NEW leads go in - Trigger campaign -
    1. For Example, Lead is Created AND Job Title=X, then Add to Engagement Program Stream 1)
  4. Cadence - as Kenny said, the Stream should have a weekly Cadence of Day X at Y time.
  5. Then add content as needed.

See docs.marketo.com for details on Engagements.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

If I'm understanding you right, then you want to send the first email right away when they fill out the form, and then let the engagement program continue sending the rest of the content on a weekly cadence?  If that's the case then you just need to add a send email step for that piece of content in the flow of the trigger campaign that is managing addition to the drip.  Am I on the right track here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kenny. Definitely on the right track. My issue is just with adding NEW people to the stream as it's running.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Here's what to do here.

1. Create Engagement
  2. Decide on Entry Rules for Existing Leads ( you did this, and run batch > Add to Engagement Program Stream 1)
  3. Decide when NEW leads go in - Trigger campaign -
    1. For Example, Lead is Created AND Job Title=X, then Add to Engagement Program Stream 1)
  4. Cadence - as Kenny said, the Stream should have a weekly Cadence of Day X at Y time.
  5. Then add content as needed.

See docs.marketo.com for details on Engagements.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I guess the step I was missing was what you described in your step 3.1. In my case the trigger would be 'Fills out Form' and use the entry form I've created for this specific campaign. Thanks I'll give that a shot!

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have more than 25 active engagement programs. We use custom field called Current Inferred Interest and on all form fill-outs, we stamp the lead with the interest based on product line. In the Engagement program, we have an Add to Nurture smart campaign that listens for a lead to be created and the current inferred interest and it adds the lead to the engagement stream based on lead score.

Trigger for Add to Engagement program:

pastedImage_1.png

Flow Step for Add to Engagement Stream:

pastedImage_4.png

There's a lot more to it than this but it's a basic start for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great, Frank. Thanks!