Re: Nurture campaign rebrand question

Brady_Smithsund
Level 1

Nurture campaign rebrand question

Hi all - does anyone on this forum have experience using Marketo to run multi-year customer nurture campaigns? I recently updated the branding of the email templates for a few of my streams - replacing the existing emails with new ones. If I drag the new emails into the stream to replace the old, will Marketo remember at what stage each customer is in the campaign? 

Thanks so much!

2 REPLIES 2
Michael_Florin
Level 10

As you're saying "drag the new emails into the stream", can I assume that you have emails in your stream instead of programs? If that is the case, no, the Engagement Program will not know that this new email is actually an already consumed email in new clothing, and will send that new email to the same person again.

If you had A) programs in your Engagement Programs though, and had B) your recipients made members of that email sending program and C) had your new emails created in the same programs that the old email lived in, then your Engagement Program would know that the recipient is already a member of that program and would not send any email from that program through that Engagement Program again.

Tracey_Bartz1
Level 5

Or one more option since you aren't using programs in the stream: if you were to edit and re-approve the existing emails in the stream, the stream would remember which emails each person had already received. You could do this by replacing the code of the existing email with the code of the new email (this would disconnect the email from the original template). Or, better yet, if you've just made changes to the underlying template - update the template itself and all the emails will receive those changes (you'll need to re-approve the emails in either scenario).